October 19th, 2017
Check out this rap video filmed by some "cool" 2nd grade teachers. The rap teaches kids about doubles facts and gives them tricks to remember the answers. Today I introduced the rap to my first grade mathematicians and already they have started to sing along!
Our Futures are SO Bright!
Check out a few of our math kiddos rocking some cool shades!!!
Over the past few weeks the math kids have been working on creating goals for themselves. Some of these goals include practicing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division fact, place value understanding, solving multi-step story problems, and number recognition. I am so proud of our super star mathematicians!
Math Talk- Why is it so important?
Five Major Reasons That Talk Is Critical to Teaching and Learning
1. Talk can reveal understanding and misunderstanding.
2. Talk supports robust learning by boosting memory.
3. Talk supports deeper reasoning.
4. Talk supports language development.
5. Talk supports development of social skills.